From time to time Ric receives requests from people wishing to work with Uniloc regarding their own patent or to explore selling their patent to Uniloc. Please keep the following in mind;
- As the inventor of their biggest patent (the 216 patent) and as the original founder, Ric has had a lot to do with Uniloc over the years but left the company in 2007.
- Since that time he has only been called on with regard to the dozen or so patents the company owns for which he is the inventor.
- Uniloc intentionally does not actively look for unsolicited patents to acquire.
- Ric is still a shareholder in the company but is not involved with management or the board.
- The only advisor in the field that has a lot of experience with the Uniloc business is Jim Etheridge of the Etheridge Law Group. He is a good guy but he is a lawyer and will charge you normal legal fees for advice. His Linked in url is https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesetheridge
- If you really want to get insight into what happened with Uniloc and some consulting I would consider it only as a professional service at $1500USD for a minimum half day. If this is of interest please contact chris @ r2labs.com to arrange a session.
- Please remember while Ric played a big part in winning the Uniloc court case, he is really only the inventor of the 216 patent and continues as a full time inventor today. Patent litigation was a necessary but past and closed chapter in his life.